7/04/2006

"I don't know why you say good-bye, I say hello"

Tonight we say good-bye to a few things: 1971 botched paneling, my purple bedroom and Rosie's orange room. We also said good-bye to all our moldings and doors, although they will reappear in a few days. And oh yes, I can say good-bye to my closet being in the hallway!

Tommorow we can say hello to David our drywall guy. And pretty soon we can say hello to walls, yea for walls.

I am getting a good idea of what this place used to look like. I found a bit of shag green carpet under a molding in our room. In the hall there was some green and yellow fake rock looking vinyl. Add the paneling and you've got yourself a pretty dark house. It was probably cool back in the day and it will probably be cool again. I can just image in 50 years someone tearing down our expensive drywall and saying "Why would anyone want to cover this up?"

Here are some photos. The before pics are stuck in our phone, but really, just imagine white moldings everywhere there is brown.


Rosie's orange room


purple room



This one is hard to see, but it's green shag carpet


. . .and the green and yellow vinyl.

no doors and no moldings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home