7/10/2006

Irony, HGTV and the Arch

Aaron's recap of work done today:
1) the hallway molding
2) archway
3) bedrooms sanded

Today I was at a friend's house watching HGTV. This room they were about to makeover had sliding mirrored closet doors. My friend says, "What a decorating faux-pas." The irony here is just four days ago I thought it would be the coolest thing to have these doors. Needless to say, the decorators on the show did not like the same doors I just dropped a couple hundred dollars on. But in my room they solved some serious space issues. Every square inch is precious in a master bedroom that is a mere 12 ft by 11.5 ft. My closet doors take no extra space to open, and the mirrors make my room look bigger. So they work for me.

Now, about the arch. First, let me explain something about my house. There is this wall that goes through the breakfast area into the kitchen and down the hallway. There is no place your eye, or the paint color, stops. I always thought there needed to be some sort of break. I had some ideas, but nothing ever seemed right. When I stopped by the house Saturday I asked David if he thought an arch or something would look good there. His response was that he had built arches before. That was the end of the conversation. Today I called the house and Aaron tells me that David is building the arch and it looks great. I got home tonight and guess what- it does look great!!

It is such a great feeling to have a vision and in a short amount of time it is a reality. The arch is exactly what needed to go there.

Tommorow the drywall guys should be done. When I look back over the work that happened in one week I am blown away. I am really getting excited about my house.


Piles of dust have invaded.



A completly sanded wall - ready for primer
My new arch, isn't it lovely?
view from the kitchen
view from the hall

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thik sliding mirror doors are cool!

7/18/2006 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home